Writing something? Not sure how it is going? Send it to the SCBWI India First Pages!
Three experts will tell you whether your first page has piqued their interest enough to turn the page and read on. So send in the first page of the book you are working on, and our panel will give you live feedback.
SCBWI First Pages is usually for members only. This is a one-off opportunity for non-members to participate.
When: 13 May 2016 at 5.00 p.m.
Where: Online in a closed Facebook group.
Open to: Members and non-members.
Last date to send entries: 8 March 2016, 12:00 p.m. IST.
Rules of participation:
1. You need to send in only the first page of your book to email@example.com. Please send it in as a Word document, and remember to include the title of your book.
2. SCBWI India members can send in up to three pieces. Non-members can send only one. The first fifteen eligible entries will be read and commented on. If there is time, more might be commented on.
3. Please label your entry in one of the following categories:
4. The maximum word count should be no more than
Picture book: 50 words
Chapter book: 100 words
Middle-grade storybook: 200 words
YA novel: 200 words
5. Do not include the author’s name or title in the document.
6. All entries need to be sent by 8 May, noon IST.
The panel comprises of three experienced editors/writers, whose names will be announced shortly.